Tim Ferriss, known as the human guinea pig, has done it again. With another successful book, Tribe of Mentors, Tim consolidates life tips and hacks from interviews of over 100+ brilliant people by asking them questions he wanted to answer for himself.
If you are looking to skim the book to find the best tidbits to take away, this is the post for you. Below are reader voted, 10 of the most popular quotes from Tribe of Mentors.
1. “What would this look like if it were easy? “This” could be anything. That morning, it was answering a laundry list of big questions. What would this look like if it were easy? is such a lovely and deceptively leveraging question. It’s easy to convince yourself that things need to be hard, that if you’re not redlining, you’re not trying hard enough. This leads us to look for paths of most resistance, often creating unnecessary hardship in the process.” – Tim Ferris
2 “Life punishes the vague wish and rewards the specific ask. After all, conscious thinking is largely asking and answering questions in your own head. If you want confusion and heartache, ask vague questions. If you want uncommon clarity and results, ask uncommonly clear questions.” – Tim Ferriss
3. “Milan Kudera, author of The Unbearable Lightness of Being, has said that, “The stupidity of people comes from having an answer for everything. The wisdom of the novel comes from having a question for everything.” Substitute “master learner” for “novel”, and you have my philosophy of life. Often, all that stands between you and what you want is a better set of questions.” – Tim Ferriss
4. “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” It’s a short reminder that success can usually be measured by the number of uncomfortable conversations we are willing to have, and the number of uncomfortable actions we are willing to take. The most fulfilled and effective people I know – world-famous creatives, billionaires, thought leaders, and more — look at their life’s journey as perhaps 25 percent find themselves and 75 percent creating themselves.” – Tim Ferriss
5. “Real work and real satisfaction come from the opposite of what the web provides. They come from going deep into something – the book you’re writing, the album, the move — and staying there for a long, long time.”- Steven Pressfield
6. One book that greatly influenced your life: “The Master Key System by Charles F. Haanel. I have read hundreds of personal development books, but this is the one that clearly showed me how to visualize, contemplate, and focus on what it was I truly wanted. It revealed to me that we only get what we desire most, and to apply myself with a laserlike focus upon a goal, task, or project. That is order to “have” you must “do” and in order to “do” you must “be” — and this process is immediate.” – Terry Crews
7. “God will not have his work made manifest by cowards.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
8. “Suffering is a moment of clarity, when you can no longer deny the truth of a situation and are forced into uncomfortable change. I’m lucky that I didn’t get everything I wanted in my life, or I’d be happy with my first good job, my college sweetheart, my college town. Being poor when young led to making money when old. Losing faith in my bosses and elder made me independent and an adult. Almost getting into the wrong marriage helped me recognize and enter the right one. Falling sick made me focus on my health. It goes on and on. Inside suffering is the seed of change.” – Naval Rivikant
9. “Desire is a contract that you make with yourself to be unhappy until you get what you want.” – Naval Rivikant
10. “Self-esteem is just the reputation that you will have with yourself. You’ll always know.” – Naval Rivikant
What have been some of your favorite quotes from Tim Ferris and his books?
If you liked this post, you may also like:
25 of the Best Self Help Books of 2019
There Are No Secrets On The Pathway To Success
21 Motivational Growth Mindset Quotes